Saturday, June 11, 2022
To raise money for and awareness of breast cancer and women’s health, and to showcase the talents of Alaska’s women athletes.
The races starts in the Arts Main parking. The finish line is on the West side of the East Parking Garage.
The main event is the 5 mile run. Groups start at 8:45 AM, 9:05 AM and 9:20 AM. There is a 1 mile run that starts at 8:30 AM as shown in light pink.
The Anchorage Amateur Radio Club needs volunteers.
|Main||VHF – AARC members||Simplex? 147.30 Repeater?, Backup 146.67?|
|Net Control <–> Announcer||VHF – AARC members||Simplex|
|AKRFW Race Committee||Arcticom|
|Alaska Professional Volunteers||Medics|
We are likely to use the Emergency Operations Center at Providence Alaska Medical Center as Net Control for this event. It is in a perfect location and a great place to exercise emergency communications equipment in support of a great event.
Saturday – June 11, 2022 – UAA
|1||Net Control||Lara Baker?||7:30AM – 12 PM|
|2||Net to Announcer||7:30AM – 12 PM|
|3||Mile 0.8/ 1.1 Health Dr & Wellness St Aid Station||8:30 AM – 12 PM|
|4||Mile 2.9 APU Trail/University Lake Trail/ Mills Dr Aid Station||Jim MacDonald||8:30 AM – 12 PM|
|5||Mile 3.5 Bragaw Aid Station||8:30 AM – 12 PM|
|6||Mile 4.1 Goose Lake Park Aid Station||Dave Webb||8:30 AM – 12 PM|
|7||Run Course Safety Sweep (Air Horn and Bear Spray)||John Marton||10:00AM – 12 PM|
Copied from https://www.akrfw.org/race-day-details
- 6:45-8:15 a.m. Bib Pick-Up; Registration for untimed events only; Merchandise sales
- 7:30 a.m. Yoga Warm-up
- 7:55 a.m. Survivor group photo under finish arch
- 8:00 a.m. Staging all events
- 8:20 a.m. National Anthem
- 8:30 a.m. 1-mile run/walk start
- 8:45 a.m. 5-mile run/walk timed start
- 9:05 a.m. 5-mile run/walk untimed start
- 9:20 a.m. 5-mile untimed party wave and strollers
- 11:00 a.m. Awards Ceremony begins!
- 11:30 ish Door Prize Drawing and Annual RFW Raffle Drawing
Walter Yankauskas – KL7WY Cell: 907-351-3992 email@example.com