Start a new in-person examination team…please read carefully before applying!
*** Updated January 11, 2024 ***
The Anchorage ARC VEC gladly accepts new teams to join our VEC program. To be eligible, one must first meet some basic eligibility requirements and conditions prior to being approved as a team. They are as follows:
- The team must have a Session Manager / Lead VE. That qualified individual must hold a valid Amateur Extra class license and already be accredited, or become accredited as a Volunteer Examiner with the Anchorage ARC VEC.
- The team must be willing to utilize our web-based platform to administer amateur radio license exams. This can be implemented by using several laptops or desktop computers with a reliable internet connection.
- The team must recruit and maintain a minimum of three (3) Anchorage ARC credentialed VEs.
- The team must be willing to accept new Volunteer Examiners into their group.
- The team must be willing to conduct a minimum of three examination sessions per calendar year. This gives any accredited VEs in the team an opportunity to fulfill the requirement of participating in one examination session over a 12-month period to remain active in our VE program. VEs may also maintain their credentials by participating in our frequent remote examination sessions.
- The Lead VE must be willing to provide the Anchorage ARC VEC current contact information, which will be listed on our website, to also include the physical location for in-person examinations.
- The Lead VE must be willing to work with the Anchorage ARC VEC Chairman or assistants to schedule examination sessions on our examination platform.
If the new VE team can meet the basic requirements listed above, we welcome you to apply. To begin, please fill out the form below and we will begin the process. The Lead VE must complete this form and provide information as to where examination sessions will be administered, etc. For more information or additional questions, please direct any inquiries to the VEC Chairman via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.