AREDN released version 126.96.36.199 of their firmware a few days ago. This is a major release that resulted in expanded support of Ubiquit, Microtik, and TP-Link hardware. See the AREDN supported platform matrix to learn more.
All 21 AARC AREDN Mesh nodes have been upgraded to the new firmware. All of this was done via remote connections over the air. Our hardware is a mix of Ubiquiti equipment including:
- Rocket M3 radios mounted to Rocket Dish antennas (3.4 GHz)
- Rocket M3 radios mounted to 120 degree sector antennas (3.4 GHz)
- Nanostation M3 radio/antenna combinations (3.4 GHz)
- M2 AirRouters (2.4 GHz)
- M2 AirRouter HPs (2.4 GHz)
- PowerBeam PBE-M5-300 radio/dish combinations (5.8 GHz)
Our Mesh network continues to expand. Right now we have 21 nodes dispersed to 10 different locations and have more nodes being ready for install.
If you’d like to learn more, or get involved, contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Kent Petty, KL5T
AARC Mesh Network Manager