The AARC Board of Directors approved a new club Face Mask Policy at the Board Meeting held on May 16, 2023. It referred the implementation date to the Development Committee. At the May 24, 2023 Development Committee Meeting, an implementation date was set for June 1, 2023. The policy is as follows:
Face Mask Policy
- The AARC will follow Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) guidelines and recommendations relative to airborne communicable diseases (such as COVID-19). If additional state or local recommendations or mandates are levied, they shall be followed as applicable.
- If mask use is recommended, the AARC will make face masks available. However, the AARC will not provide any elastomeric or similar respirators.
- Anyone who wishes to wear a protective face mask or respirator at AARC facilities or in-person AARC activities is encouraged to do so.
- Anyone who has been exposed to an airborne communicable disease is prohibited from visiting AARC facilities or participating at in-person AARC activities for a time period as indicated by CDC guidelines.
- Anyone who has an airborne communicable disease is prohibited from visiting AARC facilities or participating at in-person AARC activities while the illness is transmittable.
- Every disease has different characteristics, incubation periods, and transmissibility, so it is impossible to describe controls within this policy that are all-inclusive. Good judgment must be used which includes guidelines recommended by the CDC and similar organizations.
The current CDC guidance regarding masks: People with symptoms, a positive test, or exposure to someone with COVID-19 should wear a high-quality mask or respirator when indoors in public. However, in accordance with our policy items 4 and 5, we ask that folks in these categories to please not visit the RSOC or participate in AARC activities where people congregate.