By: Kent Petty, KL5T, Chairman, Anchorage ARC VEC
The Anchorage ARC VEC is accepting a limited number of applications for Volunteer Examineers (VEs) to assist with our Remote Volunteer Examination Program. Applicants must:
- Be at least 18 years of age
- Hold a valid FCC-issued Amateur Radio license of General, Advanced, or Extra class (Extra class preferred)
- Never have had their license revoked or suspended for cause
- Have a suitable computer with camera, microphone, and internet bandwidth to participate in “remote” examination sessions
- Ability to apply rules relative to Volunteer Examiner activities as prescribed in Part 97 and in the Anchorage ARC VEC manual
- Agree to abide by the policies and procedures set forth by the Anchorage ARC VEC
- Pass an open-book, 30-question, multiple choice examination
- Remain “current” in the Anchorage ARC VEC program by participating in at least 1 examination session per year, or by retaking the Anchorage ARC VE written examination if no participation in an examination session over the past 12 months
- Maintain current contact information with the Anchorage ARC VEC
Previous experience as a VE is preferred by is not required.
Go here to learn more about becoming a Volunteer Examiner with the Anchorage ARC VEC: https://kl7aa.org/vec/become-accredited/
Go here to apply to be a VE with the Anchorage ARC VEC: https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLScOz00AQdy0Ms6aVc4tNanAbi3qk8PW76_Yr2ULUUd_9Xl94A/viewform
Only a limited number of applications will be accepted, so please don’t wait!
Thanks and 73.